Home Forms For Clergy Privacy Contact Year Book

For Clergy

Useful information and links for Clergy within the Diocese of Sydney

Marriage Celebrants
Only ordained Anglican ministers will be registered with the Australian Government as Marriage Celebrants. Clergy need to hold a licence from the Archbishop before they will be registered. Clergy are registered when they are ordained, when they first come to the diocese to do parish ministry or upon request through the Diocesan Registry.

For information concerning Marriage Celebrants, please visit the Australian Government’s Attorney-General’s website, this site includes, the Marriage Act 1961, some forms, statutory declarations and useful information.

To order marriage stationery you need to contact CanPrint Communications, click here to open a link with their contact details and what is required to place an order.

For those who have been divorced and wish to re-marry in the Diocese of Sydney, the minister marrying the couple will need to seek permission to marry the couple. Please complete the application for remarriage of divorced persons, there is also an information sheet with further details to assist you.

Application for remarriage of divorced persons PDF format.

Application for permission to conduct a wedding outside a church building PDF format.

Information on how to apply for various licences is available under the ‘Forms’ menu.

Ministry Spouse’
For those clergy who hold a licence in the Diocese of Sydney we would like to collect the details for your spouse so they can be included in our database and we can contact them in relation to Ministry Spouse information that may be of interest to them. Please complete the Ministry Spouse Details form at this web page.

Deputy Registrar: Mrs Catherine Rich

You will need Adobe Acrobat Reader to open the PDF files on this website

Postal Address: PO Box Q190, QVB Post Office NSW 1230, Email: registry@sydney.anglican.asn.au
Telephone: (02) 9265 1526, Fax: (02) 9261 1170